11/09/2004

Halfway Mark

Another morning weigh-in and a big surprise: I lost more than 2 pounds. In fact, the dial stopped at a very nice round number. I've lost 50 pounds. I'm halfway to my goal.

Success is a great motivator. My unbroken no-cheat streak is now being matched by my never-miss-a-workout streak. Whether it is the dark before sunrise or after sunset, I go to the gym twice on weekdays, and a third time on a weekend day.

I suspect my increased weight loss this week was due to extending my "cardio" portion of my workout. I get on a cross trainer, grab the handles and set it for "cardio." It measures my heart rate and increases resistance until my heartrate is at 144 bpm. Then I just swivel swivel swivel while watching CNN, New England Cable News, ESPN, ABC, or the Travel Channel.

It can't just be a matter of calories burned. I think by working out like this, I'm setting in motion the right chemistry to lose weight during the rest of the week. I have nothing to back this up but the simple math that five to ten extra minutes on a bicycle can't burn the calories alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home